Thursday, April 23, 2009

Old Memories

It looks like we're not going to make it to the reunion... retirement- I thought it meant slowing down!! After college at Austin Peay, I never returned to Chattanooga, except to visit my family. I met and married my college sweetheart, Bob Atkins, and we settled in the Nashville area where we raised our three beauful daughters, Tracey, Jennifer and Jill. We lost our precious Jennifer 6 years ago. We are still in the same area, in Hendersonville, TN, where we have five grandchildren who live close by.
Bob had a career in the newspaper business and retired as Senior Executive, Gannett Corp. I spent my younger days as a stay at home mom and retired as a Registered Nurse.
Retirement keeps us busier than ever. Traveling and playing with our grandchildren takes up most of our time. Community involvement and all that entails are priorities.
Congrats to the Reunion Committee. I can only imaging the hours you have all put into this, and it looks fabulous. I'm sorry we're going to miss it.

Regards,
Gail Grammer Atkins

No comments:

Post a Comment